Thursday, October 13, 2011

Developmental Keyboarding Grant Writing

I recently completed the Keyboarding endorsment workshop offered by the Utah State Office of Education. I now have research to support my efforts at Developmental Keyboarding.

Keyboarding activities in Elementary Schools should not start with correct posture with tiny fingers on the home row. Students as early as 4 and 5 can locate/recognize the letters on the QWERTY keyboard. They learn best with large motor activities and music! These activities ought to draw upon the Multiple Intelligences Theory of Howard Gardner.

I am renewing my efforts to write grants that will allow me (and my team) to work with students in underserved populations to increase (through training) their ability to interact with computers (at little or no cost to the teachers).  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment